Thursday, March 3, 2011

I Miss You.



Marvin Gaye-" "I heard in [his voice] a strength my own voice lacked."


Who made Marvin Gaye say words like that to make him judge his own vocal capabilities you ask???

The reasons I love Pandora I swear! You have your favorite genre and they come at you left field with a song by a artist you never heard of and YOU LOVE IT! When I heard the song I knew, but it sounded a little different. It sounded different because Teddy Pendergrass sang the hell out of this song. To my surprise I looked at the title and David Ruffin also sings this Soul master piece "I Miss You",which may sound a little familiar to because it  has been sampled by Jay-Z- "This Can't Be Life".

I had to do some Google research, and David Ruffin used to be one of the lead singers of the legendary Temptations. Go figure right? I began to youtube his songs and brother has feeling and soul unlike any other. He had a sad background story though. He like many stars and artist before was addicted to hardcore drugs and died of a overdose back in 1991.

So between the two versions Mr. Pendergrass or Mr. Ruffin's are you feeling more? I have to ask.. I honestly don't even know if I can compare...

Teddy Pendergrass Version "I Miss You"


                 

David Ruffin's Version "I Miss You"




#SOULMUSIC.

No comments:

Post a Comment