Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Femme Underrated.

SMH at some artist that get all the fame and hype, and the ones who truly have talent get NONE! It makes me believe that the audiences really don't have a real ear for music, they just want to listen to what is percieved as "cool". For those real music heads or those who appreciate true talent, I decided to list some female artist that I feel are #underrated.

JOJO.


First and foremost I have got to say my girl JoJo. You have your Selena Gomez & Miley Cyrus Disney hoes, that steal all of the spotlight. This young girl can BLOW and has swag/soul, that none of the Disney girls can compare too.  I give JOJO mad respect and wish people wouldnt sleep on her so damn much. Check out the video feat Bow Wow "Baby It's You".





FLOETRY.


Every since these fly two women came out, I always thought..what is wrong with people.. How can they not be feeling this? All of their songs spoke to me with their poetic words, and beautifully sang songs by who you guys know as Marsha Ambrosious who is killing the game right now. I can't forget these ladies as the duo Floetry. If you never heard of them, today is your lucky day, peep one of my favorites.. "Getting Late".


Tamia.


Tamia is so so so so unbelievably underrated, not only is she drop dead goregous, but this chick can sing! Her voice is so unqiue and sweet, and it makes me sad how soo many people sleep on this woman! Here is one of the songs that whenever I hear it, I can't help but close my eyes and let the music take over. #OfficiallyMissingYou.


AMERIE.


It doesn't hurt that she is my third cousin! Haha also her first album, "All I Have" was freaking the ISH! I really miss her getting down to the root of that essence of GOOD music. She is easy on the eye and her voice is very different, and I find it to be very distinctive. I hope if Amerie comes back to the music game, she gets back to the basics and why I loved her in the first place. Here's "Talkin to Me".

2 comments: