Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Da Dot Food For Thought: Dana.'s Top Blue Eyed Soul Singers


If you ask me what my definition of swag is, it is a sort of confidence that someone has that is evident in their talk, walk, and style. When swag is displayed, it causes girls like me to become extremely attracted to that person. Along with swag.. nothing melts my heart more than a boy with soul. Now if you really want to throw me for a loop, a white boy with swag and soul is WOW!!

With that being said, I decided that I will list you guys in my opinion the Top 6 Blue eyed soul singers. Now there are many soul singers but not many white boy blue-eyed-soul-singers.

Here is my top:

#6. The Begees.



I know what you are all thinking... how could 3 white ass men with tight ass pants, long ass hair, and voices higher than mine have swag or soul right? Well the answer is: The are the epitome of GROOVE. They brought that Jive Talkin and harmonization like no other. Not to mention their songs have been sampled by like every cool hip-hop artist in my book. Here's a song from them that will throw groove and swag for that ass: "Inside & Out".



#5. Hall & Oats.

Yes this duo totally had a sorta 80's swag with their sweet harmonies that melted perfectly with the guitar sound and synth! I love how they don't even try to have swag and they just ride the beat and let their voices sing to us.. Oh chea...: "I Can't Go for That".


#4. Michael McDonald.

Okay I know by looking at him you would think WTF right? Who is this grizzly ass bear right?! Nah this man has soooo much soul it isn't even funny. He gets it in like Motown status.. yeah I said it.. MOTOWN status. When he sings it is effortless, but you feel his voice #sounique. Not to mention this song by him was sampled by the biggest G's in the game Nate Dogg and Warren G (Regulators), I'm sorry but it doesn't get anymore gangsta than that!!: "I Keep Forgettin".



#3 Justin Timberlake.


I know what you are thinking.. why isn't JT #1? I we all know why he belongs on this list... he has #majorswag, he can dance (Most white boys can't), and his voice is flawless and pure and his songs are to die for. So why is he #3? In my eyes.. for many reasons, first of all he threw my girl Janet under bus after the Superbowl, when he knew he was in on it with her, and then tried to act innocent about the whole situation. Second of all I know Justin is soo swagged out but why haven't  I once seen him date a black woman, and that's huge for someone who claims to be so "down".

Lastly #NSYNC.

Yeahhh I SAID IT!!:"Rock Your Body".



#2 Jon B.


Now rounding in at #2 is my favorite RnB 90's boo Jon B!!! Nothing soothes the soul more than some nice cool chill relax.. kick back slow 90s groove. Jon B's voice is just  SO sexy! Unlike JT he stars  black woman in all of his videos... ahh he makes my heart melt!!! Here's one of my favorites from him: "They Don't Know".




#1 Robin Thicke.

Everything about this man exudes the 3 S's.. SEXINESS, SWAG, and SOUL!! His voice and its capabilities to goo extremely high and low sound beautiful to my ears. He also arranges, plays the piano, and writes all of his own music. Also he is married to a BEAUTIFUL BLACK WOMAN Paula Patton. Robin Thicke " Sex Thearpy" .

YESS PLEASE!!


#SWAG

No comments:

Post a Comment