Tuesday, October 4, 2011

I Wonder If Heaven Got a Ghetto.

Thug Life=Hope


It's always gratifying when others are touched and inspired by the same person as you are. I'm inspired by few but the ones who made an impression on my life are for reasons of faith, strength, defying the odds, and living their dream. The other day I had a friend write me a message on Facebook and I was so touched by his words, I decided to share it on my blog...



yo dana whats up? I dont know why but i felt like sharing this with you.
its a letter i wrote the night of 2pacs 15 year anniversary of his death. I was library, watching interviews and listening to 2pac all day in between studying. I got home at like midnight and grabbed my black book and walked out on the street. I sat on the curb between 2 cars and wrote what would have been a letter to send to him. its really underdeveloped, i just let what was rambling in my head out of the pen...





Who knows what could have been
After 15 years and some odd hours later
Though it doesn’t seem so long
Without you, time still carries on
But, still in all of our hearts b/c your messages were so strong
From just one look in your eyes from your interviews
People recognized your strength & confidence
Unconsciously drawn to you
Far ahead of your time, no 2nd guessing it
b/c the nature of your thoughts & your intellect
Im writing you this letter just to let you know
b/c we cant shake hands and stand toe to toe
ever since I was a kid, you helped shape me
I don’t mean by holding guns
But what it is to be a man and live bravely
Im not screaming out thug life, or selling drugs
But from you I learned responsibility and how to show luv
Im not doing stabbings & jacking, committing robberies
But through you I learned respect and humility
I learned to walk tall & to have confidence
& how to mack it to these girls like a real man’s supposed to and nothing less
I spit my game on a plane higher than these other dudes
B/c I believe in myself & im staying true
We were introduced by the OG in my life
He followed your path, and now he’s wearing stripes
I see a lot of you in him, like big brothers U R
Small in stature but w/ a big heart
I wonder how many others are doing what I am tonight
Paying respect to you, under full moon light
As if it was your face watching from above
Tonight we all remember, and show love
On the curb I sit in gray converse and black jeans
Listening to you rap about being a G
U helped me roll my first blunt & write my first rhyme
& heard your lyrics after giving a girl my thug passion for the first time
With the good you must take the bad
Just as this is a sincere tribute, yet sad
Now its 15 years after your death night
& we can kick back & have a laugh right
Somehow you saw it coming
Maybe inevitable
still we wanna believe youre alive
although its questionable
these guys in the “rap game” now have no business being there
as if all your words dissipated into the smokey air
I swear if you were here, you wouldn’t stand for it
No heart, no soul, a grim rap future is in our midst
What happened to the passion and artistic quality
No one has come close, since you left us G
Throw down your blessing from up above,
Send us a rapper with the qualities that in you we loved
But more than a rapper, you were the futures voice
Preaching to better ourselves and make a plan through the right choice
Your roar was strong and your fire loud
Which made it E-Z to remember your lessons and what you were about
You left us at my young age of just 25
I feel I have so much more to accomplish b4 I can die
So maybe one day ill see you up there, up above the stars
I speak for all of us, not just the THUGZ
Thank you for all you’ve done, 1 love

Last breath – 9/13/1996
Tonight – 9/13/2011
-R.K.

No comments:

Post a Comment