Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Sankofa.

SANKOFA.


“Se wo were fi na wosankofa a yenkyi" 
 "It is not wrong to go back for that which you have forgotten"

This symbol represents the idea that one must take from the past what is good and bring it into the present in order to make positive progress through the benevolent use of knowledge.


Sankofa is actually an Akan word meaning go back and take. Sanko- go back, fa- take. This idea has since been adopted by other tribes in the area and other cultures around the world.


On Saturday, June 4th 2011 (My Birthday). After five years...I finally did it, it most definitely wasn't an impulse but something that I have always admired and lived by. Some may call me sick.. that Janet Jackson also has it on her wrist.. mine is in the other direction (If that makes me any less sick hehe), but when I first saw it she first inspired me to go ahead and do the damn thing.






Finished Product.......

If anyone is interested in getting tatted up, my boy Antoino can hook it up with a reasonable price and he is AMAZING. Just let me know!!! Or hit him up on his Facebook page: HERE


No comments:

Post a Comment