Sunday, August 14, 2011

Next BIG Thing: Joelle James.


I was listening to a track on CB's "Boy In Detention" Mixtape called, "Leave the Club" and there was another voice that my ears were automatically tuned in to. The voice had so much passion, it was powerful, and it was hitting them runs that a lot of artist today aren't capable of doing! I looked at the track in my itunes and the title had  Joelle James' name in it. I then googled her and found her amazing YouTube videos and her story.

If you want to compare Joelle to anyone, I feel that her voice is a mix between Christina Aguilera's powerful, wide vocal range and JoJo's sultry, soulful delivery. Joelle has been on American Idol and sung at numerous sports events. It wasn't but until Chris Brown and his camp found her on YouTube and called her in to start a artist development deal with Chris Brown Entertainment, when things started rolling.
Joelle was a student from Berkeley with a dream, and her friend convinced her to make YouTube videos (best advice ever), next thing you know it this girl was generating thousands of hits and a phone call from Chris' people to get into the studio. I am really excited to see what she is going to do to the game, talent like that doesn't come very often and her voice gives me the chills!!

Chris Brown feat. Joelle James: "Leave the Club (Audio)" 


Joelle James: "All I Want Is You (Video)" (Miguel Cover)

No comments:

Post a Comment