Thursday, August 25, 2011

Aaliyah: 10 Years Later.

Aaliyah= Highest Most Exalted One




When I think about Aaliyah Dana Haughton, many words come to mind. To me she was Talented, Beautiful, Effortless, Classy, Sweet, Street and Swag. Aaliyah was not only ahead of her time, but she made her time here on earth count. Not to knock any other female artist that are KILLIN the game right now, but Aaliyah had that THING that none can deny. Aaliyah had that swag that she can be one of the guys, one of the girls and EVERYONE loved her. When I see female artist out now, its all about SEX and not the talent. Aaliyah was sexy, but she didn't use her sexiness to exude her art. Aaliyah would hit her dance moves like she was a guy but overpower it will her own swag which made it so appealing to watch her.

August 25th, 2001 not only did we loose Aaliyah, but it made me realize how fragile life really can be. I never lost anyone that I was close to nor knew how real death can be. When the news broke, I was devastated. I couldn't believe it. No I didn't know her, but it honestly hit home. I cried for days and couldn't stop thinking about it for weeks. I thought to myself, how can someone so sweet, talented, and beautiful be taken so abruptly? Though it hit home it made me realize to appreciate things when we have it in front of us and live everyday like its your last because you never know.

Aaliyah was versatile and if I play any of her songs or videos now, they look/sound like they could have been released in 2012. So 10 years later Aaliyah your presence and memory is still alive. Though its sad that young girls in this era don't have a wonderful role model around like yourself.. images and music of you remain. 

"When I`m long gone, I want to be remembered not just as an actress or singer, but as a full-on entertainer."

Destiny Fulfilled Babygirl R.I.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment